- THE MAGAZINE
Troy, Mich. â€” Environmental Design + Construction (ED+C) magazine announced the winners of its annual Excellence in Design (EID) Awards competition. ED+C’s Seventh Annual EID Awards recognize commercial, government, institutional and educational projects as well as single-family residences that demonstrate a clear commitment to green building and sustainable design. Projects exhibited a variety of environmental building criteria as determined by a panel of judges.
Winners of the competition, as well as finalists and honorable mentions, will be featured in upcoming issues of ED+C magazine by category starting with the June 2009 issue (see below). This year’s winners, finalists and honorable mentions include:
WINNER: Springbrook Prairie Pavilion, submitted by Bond Companies.
- FFKR Architects, Daybreak Corporate Center
- Todd Jersey Architecture, Gaia Anderson Hotel
- Hensel Phelps Construction Co., Hensel Phelps Southeast District Office Building
WINNER: Arizona State University Global Institute of Sustainability, submitted by Lord, Aeck & Sargent and Gould Evans Associates.
- Centerbrook Architects, Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University
- Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects LLP, Reed College Student Housing
- Clayco, Danforth University Center at Washington University
- Street Dixon Rick Architecture, PLC, The Commons, Vanderbilt University
- Tsoi Kobus & Associates, The William H. and Elizabeth Gray Danforth University Center
- Solomon Cordwell Buenz, Richard J. Klarchek Information Commons
WINNER: Colfax Ave. S. Renovation, Minneapolis, submitted by Open Air Concepts.
- A Kitchen That Works, McCabe-Pardy Residence
- Arkin Tilt Architects, Sonoma Coast Residence
- Arkin Tilt Architects, Mt. Veeder Residence at Camalie Vineyards
- New Energy Works of Rochester, Inc., Kurland House
WINNER: The Bridge Homeless Assistance Center, submitted by Overland Partners Architects in collaboration with CamargoCopeland Architects, LLP
- fxfowle architects, The Lion House at the Bronx Zoo
- Baskervill, Community Kitchen
WINNER: Cambridge City Hall, submitted by Diamond and Schmitt Architects.
- Siegel & Strain Architects, Portola Valley Town Center
- Hensel Phelps Construction Co., 1st Brigade Combat Team (BCT) Brigade and Battalion Headquarters Facility HONORABLE MENTIONS: KAI Design & Build, Southeast Community Center; and Siegel & Strain Architects, Orinda City Hall.
Visit www.EDCmag.com for more information.